If you’re struggling with the consequences of a criminal record, we’re here to help. Our experienced lawyers specialize in expunging criminal records, which means that we can work to have your criminal conviction destroyed or sealed from the state or Federal repository.
A criminal record can severely impact your life, making it difficult to find employment or obtain higher education. However, not every crime is eligible for expungement, and certain crimes may have limited eligibility. That’s why it’s crucial to speak to an experienced attorney who can determine your eligibility for expungement. Here is a list of reasons that you may want to have your record expunged:
Why Do I Need To Expunge My Record?
Sure, here are 5 reasons why someone might want to have their criminal record expunged:
- Employment: A criminal record can make it difficult to get a job, as many employers conduct background checks before hiring. Expunging your record can increase your chances of finding employment.
- Housing: Landlords and property management companies may also conduct background checks before renting out property. Having a criminal record can make it harder to find a place to live, so expunging your record can help in this regard.
- Education: Certain criminal convictions can prevent someone from being accepted into higher education programs, such as colleges and universities. Expunging your record can improve your chances of being accepted into a program.
- Professional licenses: Many professions require a license, and certain criminal convictions can prevent someone from obtaining one. Expunging your record can improve your chances of being able to obtain a license.
- Personal reasons: Some people simply want to put their past behind them and move forward without the stigma of a criminal record following them. Expunging your record can help achieve this goal.
It’s important to note that the process for expunging a criminal record can vary by jurisdiction, and not all convictions can be expunged. It’s also important to consult with a legal professional for guidance on whether expungement is an option for your particular case.
Criminal Record Expungement Lawyer
Our law firm offers free and confidential consultations to discuss your eligibility for expungement or a certificate for relief. If you’re unable to obtain an expungement, we may be able to help you get a certificate of comfort, which can assist in obtaining certain types of employment or licenses that your criminal record has prevented in the past.
Don’t let a criminal record hold you back. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and learn more about expunging your record in Western NC.